Explore the market’s finest selection of the best air mattress for couples in 2023.
When purchasing a double air mattress, you will need to consider the following:
- The available space
- The weight limit of the air mattress
- Is the air mattress well suited for your needs
- The support you and your partner need from your air mattress
Whether you are planning a trip to visit family for the holidays or have a camping trip coming up, you are going to need somewhere comfortable to sleep.
You and your partner could sleep on the couch when visiting your folks, or in a sleeping bag on the hard ground of your tent when you’re camping.
However, you don’t need to comprise a good night’s sleep when staying away from home, you just need to buy a camping mattress for two.
Do you want to know what the best air mattress for couples is?
We have put together a list of the top twelve best camping beds for couples.
Double Air Mattress Buying Guide
Whether you need it for one night or ten, you don’t want to compromise on the quality of your double camping mattress.
From size, support offered and the material it is made from, we have covered it all in our double camping mattress buying guide.
What Types Of Double Air Mattress Are There?
Similar to a regular mattress, air mattresses come in different sizes, are made from different materials and offer varying levels of support and comfort.
You can buy single size airbeds, queen size and there are air mattresses big enough for two people.
Before just settling for any double camping mattress, it is a good idea to be aware of the different types of air mattress available.
- Foam air mattress – Some air beds come with a layer of soft and comfortable foam on the top. This foam layer will help to evenly distribute your weight and enable you to have a more comfortable sleep.
- Airflow air mattress – Airflow are not very common but they are available on the market. This type of air mattress has many of the same benefits as memory foam, including encouraging good blood circulation, promoting healthy tissue, and providing optimum comfort.
- Hybrid air mattress – A hybrid air mattress is a combination of foam and airflow air. Hybrid air mattress take the best of foam and airflow beds and use technology to ensure the best possible support and comfort.
- In-built pumps and double valves – There are air beds available that have built-in electric pumps to enable quick and easy inflation. Some double air mattresses also have double valves to make it easy to achieve the perfect firmness.
What To Look For When Buying A Double Camping Mattress
When choosing your perfect camping bed for two, you want to find a double camping mattress that best suits your needs.
A tall inflatable bed for two may not fit in a tent but could make a great spare bed for your home, for example.
Here are some tips to help you find the best air mattress for couples:
- Size – Do you want your bed to fit in a small 2 man tent or in the space available in your guest room? Deciding where you want to use an air mattress will help you to decide what size will best suit your needs.
- Travel friendly – If you are an avid camper or plan on taking your air mattress traveling with you, you will want to purchase a lightweight and travel friendly airbed. If you are planning to keep your air mattress inflated at home, you do not need to worry so much about it’s weight and size when deflated.
- Manual or built in pump – If you don’t want to spend a lot of time pumping up your bed, an air mattress with a built in electric pump is your best option. Some double camping mattresses have fast working built-in pumps and double air valves to make deflation quick and easy too.
- Support – Do you suffer from back pain and struggle to get comfortable at night? If so, you will need to choose an air mattress designed to mimic the support and comfort offered by a regular mattress. Look for airbeds with coil support technology or a thick, multi-layered sleeping surface.
- Suitability – Think about how often you will be using your airbed before you make a purchase. There is no need to part with hundreds of dollars if you are only going to use your airbed one week a year at Christmas. There are many budget friendly options. However, if you enjoy camping trips or have guests to stay often, you will want to find a durable and reliable air mattress that you can continue to use for years to come. Knowing what you will be using your air mattress for will help you to purchase the most suitable camping bed for you.
12 Best Air Mattresses For Couples
1. WOLF WALKER | Double Sleeping Pad for Camping
The Wolf Walker double sleeping pad is perfect for camping with your partner.
This inflatable bed for two does not come with a pump but can be quickly inflated in seconds using the Wolf Walker electric pump.
It also offers ergonomic support for a comfortable night’s sleep.
It is made from tear-resistant heavy-duty ripstop nylon fabric and has an Eco-friendly TPU coating.
As well as being 100% waterproof.
This double camping mattress has a perfect seal that stops air from leaking out while you sleep.
This airbed is a great place to sleep when on a camping trip with your partner.
This double air mattress is hard-wearing but lightweight, it only weighs 1.5 KG and will fold away as small as 11*6 in.
You can easily pop it in your backpack and take it hiking, no problem.
- Repair kit included
- Compact and lightweight
- Special body mapping technology for added comfort
- 100% waterproof
- No pump included
- Only 4 inches high when inflated
2. JEAOUIA | Double Foldable Air Bed
The JEAOUIA double foldable air bed is a great budget-friendly air mattress for couples.
This air bed can support a weight limit of up to 450pounds, making it the perfect inflatable bed for two.
This double air mattress does not come with a pump but can easily be inflated with a manual or electric pump.
The surface layer of this double air mattress is made of a flocked material, which is soft to the touch and will keep you comfortable as you sleep. You can also call it a perfect camping air mattress.
The bottom layer of the Jeaouia air bed is made of wear-resistant and puncture-resistant materials, meaning you don’t have to worry about it ripping and leaking during your camping trip.
- Maximum weight limit of 450pounds
- Lightweight air mattress
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Small and portable when deflated
- Top surface made from soft and comfortable flocking
- No pump included
- Not suitable for several nights use without regular reinflation
3. KingCamp | Luxury Foam Air Mattress
The KingCamp Luxury double air mattress is a large inflatable bed perfect for everyday use as a spare bed or to use when sleeping in a tent.
The KingCamp sleeping pad comes with compression straps and a storage bag, making it super travel-friendly.
You will not need to try and squeeze a pump into your backpack or suitcase as this double sleeping pad has 2 Boston inflatable air valves built-in for quick and easy self-inflating and deflating. It is also used as one of the best-performing camping air mattresses.
This double camping mattress is made from tear-resistant 3D stretch fabric and treated with a TPU coating.
This means this double air bed will not rip, is waterproof, damp proof, and extremely durable, whilst still offering optimum comfort and support.
- Quick and easy self-inflating and deflating
- Tear-resistant stretch fabric
- Compression straps and storage bag included
- 3” rebound foam insulates couples from the cold ground below and offers
- support on uneven surfaces
- 3” thickness may not offer enough support for some people.
- Can be difficult to fold away small enough to easily fit back in storage bag
4. EnerPlex | Queen Air Mattress for Couples
The EnerPlex Queen Air Mattress is ideal for camping or using as a guest spare bed at home.
This double air mattress inflates to 16” and will easily fit into a bedroom or a large tent.
This double air mattress has a built-in pump and can be inflated in less than 2 minutes.
The EnerPlex has the fastest in-built pump on the market and you can easily adjust the inflation for maximum comfort and all-night support.
You don’t need to worry about your air mattress bursting in the night, the EnerPlex is made with puncture-resistant PVC.
The top layer is made of premium soft flocking which is both soft and slip-resistant, giving you a soft and safe place to sleep.
- Large size – 80 x 60 x 16 inches
- Leak-resistant technology keeps air secure in the bed
- 16” high off the ground – feels more like a normal bed
- Fast inflation time with built-in pump
- Too tall for a small tent
- Can make a creaking noise when you move around
5. EZ INFLATE | Luxury Double High Air Mattress
The EZ inflate queen air mattress can hold up to 600 pounds, making it one of the air mattresses.
This double air mattress is made from durable and puncture-resistant PVC.
The top layer is made from soft and comfortable flocking, with rounded corners making it easy to securely hold a fitted sheet in place.
You can also customize your inflatable mattress to your desired level of firmness.
To achieve optimum comfort, simply turn the inflate/deflate valve, this enables you to quickly and easily add or remove air.
The EZ inflate luxury double air mattress is made with coil beam technology.
The mattress provides excellent support and comfort from the inside out.
The air mattress is also easy to wipe clean, making it a great choice for those nights camping after a day hiking in the muddy great outdoors.
- Inflates in less than 2 minutes
- Travel bag included
- Built-in pump with easy inflate/deflate valve
- More affordable than other double-height inflatable mattress
- Needs inflating 24hours before first use to allow PVC to stretch
- Smaller than other double air mattresses on the market
The Intex Dura-Beam Deluxe airbed is designed with you and your partner’s comfort in mind.
The top sleeping surface is covered in super-soft flocking and indented sides will keep your sheet in place all night long.
The Dura-Beam technology enables the Intex double camping mattress to support the weight of two people without the mattress dipping or sagging.
This double camping mattress is very large, when inflated it is 22” high.
If you are looking for an inflatable bed for two that is close to the height of a regular bed, the Intex Dura-Beam is a great choice.
It can hold a combined weight of up to 600lbs, making it a worthy option for couples.
The approximate inflation time for the Intex is 4minutes and the internal pump makes inflation and deflation quick and easy.
- Dura-Beam technology offers competitive comfort and support
- Travel bag included
- Large size – 60” x 80” x 22”
- In-built pump (also compatible with a manual pump)
- Moves around easily
- May be too large to use in some size tents
7. Englander | Air Mattress with Built-in Pump
The Englander Camping Mattress Queen size inflates in just 90 seconds and will deflate at just the push of a button.
This is a great feature if you are a couple who want to spend their time exploring and having fun, and not blowing up an airbed.
The microfiber top layer is soft and comfortable.
The material will also help you or your partner to stay at the perfect temperature overnight as well as offering extra protection from tears and abrasions.
The Englander is designed to be one of the most durable double air mattresses for couples on the market and claims to feel as soft and comfortable as a regular supportive mattress.
The maximum weight limit for the Englander air mattress is 600 lbs, making it perfect for couples’ use.
- Microfiber shell helps sleepers to maintain perfect temperature overnight
- Inflates in just 90 seconds
- Can support a maximum weight of 600lbs
- Reinforced coil beam construction provides optimum support and quality
- Can be difficult to fold away small enough for easy storage
- Not budget-friendly
8. Active Era | Best Camping Air Mattresses
The Active Era luxury camping air mattress is designed to mimic a regular bed.
The air mattress has an internal support structure, providing optimum comfort for couples as they sleep.
There is no in-built pump but the Active Era does come with a rechargeable lightweight electric pump that inflates the mattress in less than 2 minutes.
This double air mattress also includes a manual foot pump, giving you another option when it comes to inflating your airbed.
This is a large double air mattress that is great for everyday use, as well as outdoor camping.
This airbed is large enough for couples but is also spacious enough for 3 to 4 children to sleep on.
This double air mattress is made from extra-thick PVC to protect against rips and punctures.
The Active Era is coated with skin-friendly, waterproof flocking, making it durable and easy to clean.
- Large enough for a couple or 3-4 children
- Easy to clean
- Ergonomically designed
- Recharge pump included
- No in-built pump
- Inflation is loud
9. iDOO | Comfortable Air Mattress for Couples
The iDOO inflates in just 3 minutes, just use the built-in pump for a quick and easy job.
This is one of the air mattresses for couples as you can achieve the perfect firmness with just the touch of a button.
The iDOO is a large double air mattress perfect for camping and everyday use.
When deflated the iDOO weighs only 18.08lbs, which makes it perfect for camping.
This double air mattress can also fold away small and can be stored hassle-free at home.
The iDOO is attractive for couples as it has a thick and comfortable waterproof top and features 40 internal air coils to enhance support and durability.
- Extra large storage bag included
- Built-in pump
- Lightweight and durable
- Suitable for camping and everyday use
- Not as high as other ‘double height’ air mattresses
- Needs reinflating often for regular use
10. KINGS TREK | Camping Mattress with 2 Air Pillows
The Kings Trek camping sleeping pad is a great choice for avid campers and hikers.
The sleeping pads is only 3.93” thick but still offers excellent sleep support and protection from the ground below.
Insulation prevents the double camping mattress from moisture and will stop you and your partner from waking up in a soggy bed.
This inflatable bed for two is an extremely lightweight and portable camping mattress for couples.
The Kings Trek packs down to only 6.3” x 6.3” x 12.99”. This double camping mattress includes inflatable pillows and will save you and your partner from having to pack two bulky pillows into your backpacks.
The Kings Trek has a built-in foot pump that will inflate your mattress in just 3 minutes.
This double air mattress is lightweight but can support a maximum weight of 441 lbs.
- Include inflatable pillows
- Lightweight and portable
- In-built foot pump
- Great option for camping
- Only 3.93” thick
- Not as quick to inflate as competitors
11. Bedsure | Comfortable Air Pressure Mattress
The Bedsure Queen Air Mattress is built with a dual air chamber, creating a supportive and comfortable sleeping space for couples.
This double camping mattress can actually support a maximum weight limit of 650lbs and can hold up to 3 adults.
This air mattress when deflated is just 17” x 17” x 13” making this airbed easy to transport and store.
This double camping mattress is covered in PVC and is multi-layered to prevent punctures.
A double knob enables easy inflating and deflating to desired firmness and also helps to prevent air leakage.
The Bedsure Queen air mattress comes with a built-in cord storage space.
The cord is 5.3ft and you can inflate your airbed without being right next to a wall socket.
- Maximum weight limit of 650lbs
- Double knob prevents air leakage
- Cord storage space
- Raised edges to keep the sheet in place
- Not budget-friendly
- Will need to be inflated before first use as air leakage common on first inflation
The Etekcity is a great size double camping mattress for couples and uses 20% thicker PVC and flocking than more traditional airbeds.
This firm yet comfortable surface keeps the mattress level and prevents you and your partner from sinking down towards the floor as you sleep.
This double air mattress will inflate in just 90 seconds when using the wireless rechargeable pump. It can also use as camping air mattress.
Whether you are using the Etekcity for camping or for guests at home, you can inflate the mattress quickly and easily.
Unlike others, this double camping mattress is non-toxic and made from all-safe materials. Due to its high-quality material, it is also used as camping air mattress.
As well as being free from toxins, the flocked top is puncture-resistant and waterproof.
This is the perfect all-around air bed, which couples can use comfortably whilst camping in a tent, in the guest room, or outside sleeping under the stars.
- Durable and stable wave beam inner support structure supports up to 650lbs
- Quick inflation.
- Wireless rechargeable pump included
- 20% thicker PVC
- Can lose air the first few uses as PVC stretches
- Some reviewers report air leaks
There are a lot of factors to consider when choosing the best double air mattress for couples.
Whether you want an airbed for two with a built-in electric pump, a double camping mattress that is lightweight and portable, or an extra-large air bed, we have got you covered with this list of the 12 best air mattress for couples.
Remember, the key factors for buying your perfect double air mattress are:
- Is it travel-friendly?
- Will it hold our combined weight?
- Will it fit in the desired space?
- How quickly and easily does it inflate/deflate?
Can an Air Mattress Be Used Every Day?
Air mattresses can be a great money and space saver when buying a bed but it is not recommended you sleep on an air bed every day.
It is more difficult to regulate your body temperature while sleeping on an air bed due to the synthetic materials they are made from.
Also, whilst many brands of air mattresses do offer great support, for optimum comfort and body support while sleeping you should sleep on a proper mattress on a bed.
Can 2 Adults Fit on an Air Mattress?
Air mattresses are designed to hold a certain weight and there are air mattresses designed to fit 2 adults.
Even when you are using a double air mattress you will need to make sure you and your partner do not exceed the maximum weight limit.
Can an Air Mattress Burst?
Modern air mattresses are unlikely to burst from overinflation due to the way they are designed.
However, you should never try to over pump an air bed, just to err on the side of caution.
Your air mattress may burst if your pet bites or scratches it, your nails are long and tear it or your airbed comes into contact with a sharp object.